liege adj : owing or owed feudal allegiance and service; "one's liege lord"; "a liege subject"
2 city in eastern Belgium; largest French-speaking city in Belgium [syn: Luik]
- Rhymes: -iːdʒ
- A free and independent person; specif., a lord paramount; a sovereign.
- The subject of a sovereign or lord; a liegeman.
The subject of a sovereign or lord; a liegeman
- Sovereign; independent; having authority or right to allegiance; as, a liege lord.
- Serving an independent sovereign or master; bound by a feudal tenure; obliged to be faithful and loyal to a superior, as a vassal to his lord; faithful; loyal; as, a liege man; a liege subject.
- Full; perfect; complete; pure.
Sovereign; independent; having authority or right to allegiance
- French: lige
Serving an independent sovereign or master
- French: lige
The term Liege may refer to:
- Feudalism, where a liege is a party in the vassalic oath of allegiance
- Allegiance, as in someone who has made a pledge
- Liège Island, in the Antarctic
- Liège (Paris Metro), a subway station in Paris.
- Liege and Lief, an album by folk group Fairport Convention
- Liegewagen is the German word for a Couchette car
In Belgium (, lang-nl Luik)
- Liège (province), a province of Belgium, named after the provincial capital city.
- Liège (city), a municipality and a city of Belgium. Until 1946, spelled Liége
- Siege of Liège involved the city during the opening days of World War I.
- Bishopric of Liège, a former state in the Low Countries
- University of Liège (ULg) is a major public university for the French Community of Belgium, in the city.
- Liège-Bastogne-Liège, a famous one-day road cycling race in Belgium, starts and ends in the city.
- Liège-Guillemins, the main train station of the city of Liège
- Liège (car), inspired by the 1950's classic sporting car era.
liege in German: Luik
liege in French: Liège (homonymie)
liege in Indonesian: Liège (disambiguasi)
liege in Dutch: Luik
liege in Dutch Low Saxon: Luuk
liege in Kölsch: Lüttish (Watt ėßß datt?)
ardent, bondmaid, bondman, bondslave, bondsman, bondswoman, boss, bwana, captive, chattel, chattel slave, chef, chief, church dignitary, churl, client, concubine, constant, creature, debt slave, dependent, ecclesiarch, elder, employer, feudal, feudatory, flunky, follower, galley slave, goodman, guru, hanger-on, helot, homager, husband, inferior, lackey, liege lord, liege man, liege subject, lord, lord paramount, loyal, master, minion, myrmidon, odalisque, overlord, padrone, paramount, paterfamilias, patriarch, patron, peon, rabbi, resolute, retainer, sahib, seigneur, seignior, serf, servant, servile, slave, starets, staunch, steadfast, stooge, subject, subordinate, subservient, teacher, theow, thrall, tributary, true, underling, understrapper, vassal, villein, yeoman